Monday, December 14, 2015

AMIGUITO OF THE WEEK ~ Jesuan


Jesuan is gentle and quiet. He has been part of the Amigos de Jesus family for almost seven years and at 17, he is one of the oldest still living with us at the "hogar." In January, he will start his third and final year of colegio (the equivalent of 9th grade) in Macuelizo before beginning "bachillerato" (high school).
  1. Birthday: December 3rd (age 17)
  2. School: Instituto Técnico Luz del Valle
  3. Favorite class in school: Physical Education. I like learning new sports like basketball and volleyball. (Outside of school, the kids almost exclusively play soccer).
  4. What is something interesting you learned in school last year: The history of Honduras and the "conquista" of Christopher Columbus.
  5. What do you like to do in your free time? Read, play cards with Pat (long-term volunteer Pat Kluesner), and play chess with Fr. Dennis and other friends.
    1. What do you like to read? Fantasy stories, stories about religion, and Captain Underpants.
  6. Who are some of your friends at Amigos? Juan and Alejandro
    1. What do you like to do with them? I like to listen to Alejandro sing and Juan always helps me. He lets me borrow things I need to go to school.
  7. What are you most thankful for? For the chance to go to school and the fact that Amigos is showing me the right path. I'm also thankful for the people that support Amigos and give me everything I need, and for the volunteers that come and help us.
  8. What is your favorite part of Amigos? The cross. I like the forest around it and the view of the whole valley.
  9. What is your favorite type of music? All of the songs by my friend Alejandro. 
  10. Who is your biggest role model? Adoni (who a few weeks ago became the first child from Amigos to graduate university). He has showed me that we all are capable.
  11. Favorite color: Green
  12. Favorite food: Everything, but especially chicken and "tajadas" (fried plantains)
  13. Favorite movie: Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment