Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Honduras Orphanage Collage" Written By: Anneliese Strube

Amazing Grace
A wide and vast valley
Ringed by mountains
A sanctuary
Bienvenidos Ninos
How Sweet the Sound
A tall white cross on a hill
Visible for miles on approach
Through many danges, toils and snares
The dark eyes of the smiling boys
Resilient despite adversity
I have already come

A gate that stays open all day
As a symbol that everybody
Is free to leave
I once was lost, but now I'm found
A dining hall for all
With equal portions for child or adult
How sweet the sound
Clean beds and bathrooms
Towels hung up neatly
Drying laundry hanging on fences
Amigos de Jesus -yes, friends indeed
In this land of poverty

My son, giving his time and money
To serve the less fortunate
Tis grace that brought me safe thus far
I see him crossing himself
In front of a plate of yucca and vegetables
And grace will lead me home
It makes me smile to see him adapt so easily
To his new environment
Having never crossed himself in his life
Before he arrived here
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment